The VisionRGB-E2S, a stand alone PCI Express x4 plug in card, delivers extreme performance with 650MB/s transfer bus bandwidth providing a further improvement to the 480MB/s of the VisionRGB-E2.
The VisionRGB-E2S has two complete capture channels supporting up to 1920×1200 DVI or 2048×1536 Analog resolution.
The VisionRGB-E2S captures the Analog/DVI data and triple buffers it into onboard storage. This data is then copied using DMA to the host system for display, storage or streaming.
When a Datapath graphics card is used, the VisionRGB-E2S transfers the data directly to the graphics card thereby increasing performance. The VisionRGB-E2S sends the relevant portions of each channel to use its graphics engine to render the data. This fully utilises the hardware and dramatically increases performance.
When the RGB/DVI data is displayed on a non Datapath graphics card, the VisionRGB-E2S sends the data to system memory or direct to the graphics card, dependant on the software used for display.
The VisionRGB-E2S is an ideal solution for applications require the capture of Analog or DVI sources in real time. Typical applications include:
- Viewing Analog or DVI sources from PCs, MACs, Industrial/medical equipment, cameras and other video equipment
- Streaming video applications
- Video/ data wall controllers
For streaming applications, the VisionRGB-E2S can be used with Windows® Media Encoder to compress and stream captures video. To replay the video, use Windows® Media Player.
Any application compatible with Windows® Direct-Show technology can use the VisionRGB-E2S due to its built in WDM support.
Video streaming support
DirectX WDM streaming driver supports the following applications, to encode, record and stream video over networks or the Internet:
- Dataton WatchOut
- Microsoft Expression Encoder
- Microsoft Windows® Media Encoder
- VideoLAN VLC
- NorPix StreamPix
- Adobe Flash Encoder
- AMCap and other DirectShow compatible software.
For further details see the Datapath DirectShow SDK documentation supplied as part of a typical installation.
The VisionRGB-E2S is supplied with a powerful software application for configuring timing and format of the input sources and displaying the data. Simply connect your external DVI or Analog source into the card, run the VisionRGB-E2S application to automatically detect the video source format and display the captured video in a window on your desktop.
The VisionRGB series is ideal for a wide range of applications including:
- Medical imaging: Capture legacy RGB modalities
- Multi-display presentation software: Recommended by industry leaders Dataton WATCHOUTTM
- Digital signage: Integrated by C-nario into their world class, open platform digital signage software solutions
- Machine vision: Acquire high resolution camera outputs
- Voyage data recorders: Capture radar images
- Simulation/military: Acquire high resolution video and simulation for command and control